Stubborn is as stubborn does

Because it makes me laugh:


I took Toler out behind the arena to eat the long grass after our ride (the same day I took those photos of his braids), and he practically gorged himself. As soon as the grass (and clover and alfalfa) was in sight, he bee-lined.

I let him stand out there a good long while. Especially since I was busy being a shutterbug. So, when it was time for him to go inside to his supplement grain and hay, I gathered a handful of grass (to bribe him with; he gets to eat it when he's back in his stall) and started to lead him out.

Well, that is he started to walk forward, waited until I was walking confidently that he was following, then planted his feet and threw his head up with his ears flat. Then came the pouting. And the five-year-old-like whine of, "Nooooooooooo...."

He refused to move for a solid two minutes. And believe me, if he decides that his ~1700 lb body isn't going to move, there's pretty much nothing I can do about it. So, I snapped this photo. Then laughed at the absurd porportions of him and his pouting eyes and temper-tantrum-ish pinned ears. Complete with more grass than can actually fit in his ginormous mouth hanging out to the side. What a child.

Post a Comment

TolHorse Studios

TolHorse Studios
Emma's photoblog, featuring art and photography

About Me

My photo
"Make shit up." -Michael Allen Parker. Following that advice, I make a lot of shit up. I suppose that's why I write fiction. Magic realism and fantasy, to be exact, in both short fiction and novel-length forms. I also do a bit of poetry, compose a little, take lots of photos, and ride/train/show my horse. When I'm not doing any of that I'm probably thinking up a lot of crazy things, whether in truth or in jest.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP